Catfish Sumo's Toughest Rod That Can Dead-lift 150 Pounds!
At some point in every catfish angler's life, you realize that the fish you're catching are getting bigger and bigger, and putting up tougher fights.
Are you having doubts about your current gear? Do you need more power to confidently battle trophy catfish out of tough situations? Then it's time for the Catfish Sumo Elite 150™
The Elite 150™ can dead-lift 150 pounds easily, and is built with the quality components needed for drag-out fights.
Have you thought about how awesome your fishing trips would be if you could...
- Reach the areas where big catfish are feeding?
- Hook more of the fish you get bites from?
- Muscle big fish out of tough snags?
- Confidently fight even a monster flathead or blue catfish?
- Boldly control and land any fish?
Ready to fight confidently every time?
When you don't have the right tackle, hooking into a large fish can go from being awesome to scary. When you aren't able to be in control of the fight, not only are you distracted worrying about your tackle failing or losing the fish, but sometimes you can become in danger of physical harm, too.
Make The Fight Fun Again
If you didn't have to worry about a big fish breaking your tackle, and your rod had enough backbone to haul even monster fish, imagine how much more you'd be able to focus on enjoying the fight!
Anyone else fed up with expensive designer rods, fads that flash in and out, hype, and gimmicks?
Fishing isn't new. But that doesn't keep new fads from popping up almost every day. It seems like a day doesn't go by that Youtube gets covered with some new gimmick, a new tackle company, some magic piece of tackle, or some secret trick.
They're here today, and gone tomorrow.
But the reality is that there simply isn't any lucky spot, magic bait, or secret rig. In all of our training, we focus on picking: The Right Spot, The Right Bait, and The Right Rig. That's why we refuse to promote products during our teaching videos. Because if you have a rod that works for you, you don't need ours! But if you're ready to upgrade, our equipment should be some you consider.
Pick a brand that has years of experience, tens of thousands of happy customers, and stands behind their gear with an industry-shaking warranty.
The only Catfishing rod in its class with a LIFETIME Warranty
The Catfish Sumo Chop Stick has a LIFETIME Warranty that covers anything you could do to break it. Accidental, on purpose, whatever. If you can prove to us it's broken, we'll replace it. For life.
How do you know if the Chop Stick is right for you?
You might be wondering if The Elite 150™ is right for you. Here's the thing--it's not for everyone. We aren't going to try to trick you into thinking everyone on the planet needs one. They don't.
It could be for you if...
- ...you are tired of replacing low-quality tackle over and over
- ...you're just getting into catfishing and don't want to have to upgrade again next season
- ...you haven't ever experienced the difference of fighting catfish with appropriate tackle
- ...you want to actually enjoy battling every fish you catch
- ...you use any of these methods for catfishing: casting, drifting, trolling, suspend fishing
- ...you fish from the bank or a boat
- ...you are rough on your gear and a Lifetime Warranty would put you at ease
Who designed the Elite 150™ Catfishing Rod?
It was designed primarily by our Founder, Daniel Leake. He has (truly) a lifetime of catfishing experience and hunts monster catfish, on the water, almost weekly.
We also had frequent input with our design team and help from our focus group, guides, and tournament winners. We've gone through dozens of rods--testing, bending, twisting, folding, smashing, and snapping them before we finally were happy. (In fact we rejected several hundred rods that didn't meet our standards!) We refused to settle, and you'll see that when you get yours.
Why's The Elite 150™ So Special?
Here's just some of the features:
- The name says it - The Elite 150™ can dead-lift 150 lbs
- This is a Medium-Heavy Casting Rod that is 7' 6"
- It's Moderate Fast Action - meaning the tip is sensitive enough to handle circle hooks and load up with power to self-set hooks
- As with all our rods, it's a Custom Manufactured Blank - we simply couldn't find anything that fit what we wanted. So we had one made just for us.
- EVA Foam Handle - easily wipes down, and holds up to trauma from rod holders
- 10-50lb Line Weight - for deep river monsters, and smaller pond fish
- 1-10oz Lure Weight - sling large chunks of cut bait, dough balls, and stink bait
- 1 Piece
- 10 Strong Double-Fitted, low profile, Stainless Steel Guides that can take the abuse of braided line
- Full Metal Reel Seat with Double-Locking Rings - nobody wants your reel seat to come apart in the middle of a fight!
- Hook Tender Loop above handle
- High Visibility Florescent Tip -easily see bites in the day and night
- 13" Fighting Handle - tucks under your arm or into your side to transfer leverage through your entire body
- High-Gloss Finish - wipe all the slime off at the end of the trip!
If you need a pretty rod to match the color of your eyes, your handbag, and your necklace, you might need to look somewhere else. But if you want a quality piece of equipment, with a classic look, choose the Elite 150™
What's with the LIFETIME warranty? Surely there's a trick?
Here's the thing: Catfishing can be rough. You're out at unusual hours, sometimes in the dark, in/out of vehicles, up/down rocks, ramps, hills, and sometimes in dangerous areas. The Chop Stick is tough, but we could imagine that if you rolled a boulder over it, or slammed it in your trunk on accident, there could be damage.
So every Chop Stick carries our LIFETIME WARRANTY. No matter when, no matter why. If it breaks, we'll cover it.
The Lifetime Warranty requires product registration within 30 days of purchase. Then if you encounter any bad luck, just mail it back and we'll replace it for just 50% of MSRP. Deal?
We also warranty our rods against manufacturer defects for 6 months after purchase. This warranty applies to any purchase from an approved distributor and requires proof of purchase. Registration required for this warranty, too.
As a machinist my first inspection of pole and real showed real quality in product real to pole connection is great excellent construction on rod smooth reel but unfortunately do to overtime haven’t been able to use her yet
I love the stainless reel lock downs. They hold the reel tight with no slipping or twisting. The steel line eyelets let you get better casts with no line friction. The rod has enough backbone for any fish I will catch. Overall it's a great rod and I will probably be purchasing more soon;-)
I bought two of these rods and also got the Sumo reels to go with them. I wanted a matching pair for kayak and boat catfishing. Now that I actually have the products on hand I see that there's no reason these setups can't also be used for surfishing. They are extremely well made.
Still haven’t received it!,,,, My experience with anything shipped by USPS THE CHANCES OF NEVER RECEIVING IT IS VERY HIGH!
I just got the sumo reel and rod great set up nice colors Thanks for quality product